Sunday, September 22, 2019

Project 1- Character Skeleton

For the character skeleton project, I chose to do Pikachu from Pokemon in a different position than the one provided. During class, I was having a lot of trouble trying to draw the human skeleton, however, I thought a character may be easier. While researching artists who have created work along these lines, I came across two paintings called "The Skeleton Brothers." These paintings were created by Harley and Skidmore. I found these paintings super interesting because they were not quite characters, but they were somewhat animated looking, similar to aliens. I really enjoyed this project because not only did I gain more practice with drawing bones, but I liked being able to experiment with the different shapes of the character's body. I first began drawing the original character, and then repeated the general outline in order to create the skeleton inside. I then tried to focus on the actual shapes of each bone, and where the shading was. I would still like to have more practice drawing the human skeleton, but this project was definitely good practice, as well.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/justinaerni/2702860456

No comments:

Post a Comment