Monday, September 23, 2019

Blog 1

For the Imagined Skeleton project, I decided to go with a nonhuman cartoon character. I chose Courage the Cowardly Dog, which was a challenge for me because, not only is the character nonhuman, he also does not look entirely like a dog, so his proportions and skeletal components did not make very much sense when compared to a human skeleton. In drawing the skeleton, I chose to preserve a cartoonish quality by opting for a contour line style with hashing in place of shading. I realized after completing the drawing that I neglected to include a sternum on the character, but in a way I think it is fitting for the already unrealistic level of representation the character holds. Overall, I am happy with how the drawing turned out because it was a push outside of my normal realism-based comfort zone and a good chance to explore a new medium and style. Though I do think I could have taken the opportunity to go a bit more in-depth with the drawing, I believe I maintained a consistent style throughout the drawing and represented the character well.

No comments:

Post a Comment