Monday, December 14, 2015

Artist Statement

Artist Statement- "3 Eyes"

        I had been thinking a lot about my own life in this transitioning period between a student and an adult, and in this process I realized that we exist in 3 ways, as individuals, as a species, and as a planet in the universe. I wanted to represent these three stages of life through my artwork. The series is composed of three eyes. Each eye represents a “perspective”: Individual, earth, and universe. I found that using mixed media was the best way for me to express myself and convey the concept. Even though I am not a painter or a drawer, but a filmmaker, this project aided me in learning how to express myself through art. I think that the translation between concept and execution is one that requires a lot of technical skills and self exploration. I lacked some technical skill, as art has never been my strong suit, yet I found myself enjoying the process and learning a huge amount of information about how I can get better. Since this is my last art project in Chapman, I wanted to make my piece geared towards a style I have been working on and also as a reflection of my own state of mind at this present moment in my life.


Process pictures:







Final Artwork:








No comments:

Post a Comment